There are many places that are already open in Perth. You may refer to this article for the comprehensive list of attractions, bars, restaurants, hotels, and shopping centres that are still open for the enjoyment of Perth residents amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
All the places enlisted here are duly practicing additional safety and hygiene measures. Do your part by faithfully keep good hygiene practices and observing social distancing at all times.
The accuracy of this list is based on 24 November 2020 activities. As situations continue to change, it’s best if you’d first contact your preferred attraction or venue before visiting to duly ensure if they’re open.
What activities can you do in Perth?
In Perth, you can enjoy doing the following activities:
- Check out Western Australian prisons
- Do indoor and outdoor gatherings with no restrictions. Just that you have to faithfully observe a two-meter-square distance from other individuals at all times.
- Go to restaurants, bars or pubs
- Sweat it out at gyms beyond staffed hours
- Attend entertainment or sport venues. Depending on the size of the venue, restrictions may be in place.
- Attend large events except grand music festivals
Open Perth Attractions in December 2020
Art Gallery of Western Australia Open 10 am – 5 pm, Wednesday to Monday
Bell Tower Open 10am – 4pm, Thursday to Sunday
Christmas Concert 4pm – 6pm, All Sundays until Christmas
Fremantle Tourist Wheel Open 12 pm – 9 pm, Monday to Friday
Open 10 am – 9 pm, Saturday and Sunday
Hoyts Open (Depends on show schedule)
Optus Stadium Open 7 am – 3 pm, Monday to Sunday
Palace Cinemas Open (Depends on show schedule)
Perth Motorplex Open 10 am – 4 pm, Monday to Friday
Perth Zoo Open 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Sunday
Rottnest Island Open (Depends on booked tour schedule)
The Aquarium of Western Australia Open 9:30 am – 3 pm, Monday to Sunday
Western Australian Museum Open
Beaches, walking trails, and parks
Perth has numerous parks, open spaces, walking trails, and beaches so you can easily get a breath of fresh air anytime and anywhere in the area. But while outside, you need to strictly observe social distancing if you’re with individuals that don’t live in the same household with you.
- Wellington Square
- Victoria Gardens
- Totterdell Park
- Supreme Court Gardens
- Stirling Gardens
- Russell Square
- Riverside and Crawley
- Queens Gardens
- Point Fraser
- Ozone Reserve
- Northbridge Piazza
- May Drive Parkland
- Mardalup Park
- Langley Parkinson
- Lake Street Plateia
- Kings Park
- John Oldham Park
- JH Abrahams Reserve
- Heirisson Island
- Harold Boas Gardens
- Council House Gardens
Grocery stores, markets, and shopping centres
Supermarkets and shopping centres never closed. As an added measure against coronavirus, all shoppers are encouraged to use cashless payment options. Hand sanitizers are also available at all entry and exit points.
- Carillon City: Open. Open hours vary per store.
- Forrest Chase: Open, 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Thursday. Open, 9 am to 9 pm, Friday.
Woolworths is open an hour earlier. Concession card holders have exclusive access every 7 am – 8 am, Monday to Friday
- Westfield: Open except for gyms, pubs, cinemas, and entertainment venues. Opening hours vary per store.
Are you allowed to travel within Western Australia?
Yes, you can travel within Western Australia. Travel throughout the whole of Western Australia has been allowed since June 5. Only remote Aboriginal communities are off-limits.
Are hotels already open in Perth?
Yes, hotels are open in Perth. Additional hygiene measures are applied together with the strict observance of social distancing. Some facilities and amenities may be restricted due to COVID-19 protocols. If you’re looking for a good hotel and pub insurance Australia, you should reach out to Matrix Insurance Group agents. All its agents are experts in ensuring the security and safety of hotels and pubs from liability. The following Perth hotels currently accept booking:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Goodearth Perth
- Country Comfort Perth
- Criterion Hotel Perth
- Crown Metropol Perth
- Esplanade Hotel Fremantle Perth
- Four Points by Sheraton Perth
- Fraser Suites Perth
- Mercure Hotel Perth
- Pan Pacific Perth
- Pensione Hotel Perth
- QT Perth
- Quality Hotel Ambassador Perth
- Rendezvous Hotel Perth Scarborough
- Travelodge Hotel Pert
What cafes and restaurants can I go to in Perth?
Restaurants in Perth are slowly returning to their regular opening hours. However, customers are now asked to not bring keep cups for takeaway coffee.
The following restaurants and cafes are already open:
- 1982 Food & Coffee – Subiaco Burgers, Cafe Shop 3/1 Rokeby Road, Subiaco, 6008
- Alabama Song American 232 William St, Perth 6000
- Amano Restaurant Italian Pier 1 Barrack St Jetty, Perth
- Balthazar Modern Australia, European 6 The Esplanade, Perth 6000
- Bib & Tucker 18 Leighton Beach Boulevard Leighton Beach 6159
- Bivouac Bar and Canteen Greek and Middle Eastern 198 William Street Northbridge 6003
- Boucla Mediterranean 349 Rokeby Rd, Subiaco 6008
- Bread in Common Bakery 43 Pakenham Street Fremantle 6160
- Brika Greek 3/177 Stirling Street, Perth, 6000
- Canteen Pizza Italian
- Cecchi’s Small Bar Bar 965 Beaufort Street Inglewood 6052